Friday, November 16, 2012

Ridiculously Cute/Easy/Fast Baby Booties

These might seriously be the best thing I've made in a while. Why? Because it took me maybe 2 hours from start to finish, I love working with Koigu, I didn't have to buy more yarn to make them, they are seamless, have only two, TWO, ends to weave in and when all is said and done will produce the loudest awe's at any baby shower.

Convinced? Wanna make some too?

See, ridiculous!

If you knit and are on Ravelry you might even recognize these little cuties. The original pattern is Saartje's Booties a "hot right now" pattern that I have never wanted to make because of all the ends and a seam...no thanks. Too much work for such a small project.

Lit up with some fall sunshine!

Well turns out my sister is having a girl and she saw these on Pinterest so I though I'd give them a try. After reading the original pattern again I just knew that there had to be a better option. I put Ravelry to work for me and found Fleegle's Blog.  This wonderful knitter had done all the work I didn't want to do and converted the pattern for knitting in the round.

I made some minor changes like using Judy's Magic Cast On and I knit them two at a time magic loop style up until the straps then I had to put one on a holding needle. Easy Breeze!

 ACK! I just noticed that I sewed the buttons on backward! The baby won't notice, right?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm in the midst of making my first bootie and totally annoyed by all the weaving and seams (blach!). I wondered if there was a way to do this in the round and thought that I'd take some time to track a pattern down for the second bootie...then i read your post and you've saved me a tonne of time! Thanks! You did a really beautiful job on yours! Wonderful yarn!

Kookababy said...

Oh I'm so glad my post could be helpful! THank you so much.